Mandour & Associates, APC is a southern California law firm with a singular focus: to assist businesses with issues related to intellectual property law.
In the information age in which we live, a key factor affecting a company’s valuation is the degree to which it effectively develops intellectual property. Intellectual Property (“IP”) consists primarily of patents, trademarks, copyrights, trade dress, and trade secrets. Intellectual property is recognized as the most important asset of many of the world’s largest companies, and it is often the foundation of market dominance and profitability. It has been estimated that in 1975, tangible assets represented more than 80% of U.S. corporate value in the S&P® 500 whereas IP comprised less than 20%. Today, the ratio has inverted. Now nearly 80% of U.S. corporate value is in IP.
Every day more companies are seeking to develop and protect intellectual property and so patent infringements, trademark infringements, and copyright infringements are becoming more common. In the event of an infringement, we are aggressive litigation attorneys. In litigation, we do not try to fit square pegs into round holes, we do not boil the ocean to make a cup of tea, and we do not have million dollar profits per partner that can be typical of large law firms. We believe that this gives our clients a competitive advantage. For more information about our litigation services, including some examples of the results that we have achieved for our clients, please see our Intellectual Property Litigation page.
By narrowly defining our practice area, we are able to provide our clients with high-quality, value-driven legal advice. We do this by preparing top-flight U.S. and foreign patent, trademark, and copyright applications, and by aggressively pursuing infringement and litigation matters whenever they arise. Our goal is not just to help our clients acquire and defend IP. Our law firm goal is to assist our clients in making IP a profit center for the company. If you would like a complimentary consultation regarding patent law, trademark law, trade dress law, trade secret law, or copyright law, please feel free to contact us. From our offices in Los Angeles, San Diego and Orange County, we serve an international client base. We also provide local counsel and pro hac vice services. We look forward to hearing from you.
Mandour & Associates, APC
Aggressive Intellectual Property Litigators®
Patent Attorneys – Trademark Lawyers – Copyright Attorneys
Southern California Intellectual Property Litigation Law Firm
Mandour & Associates Blog
- October 8, 2015 “Happy Birthday” Copyright Ruled Invalid Los Angeles – The world’s most popular English language song, “Happy Birthday,” is now fully in the public domain if a recent federal judge’s ruling stands. This issue came to court in …
- September 30, 2015 PETA Sues to Give Monkey Copyright to his Selfie San Diego – A monkey named Naruto is the plaintiff in a copyright lawsuit centering on selfies he took in 2011. The not-for-profit organization, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals’ …
- September 25, 2015 Segway Files Patent Lawsuit Over Hands-Free Scooter Orange County – The creator of the first self-balancing, zero-emission personal transporter, Segway, has filed a patent infringement lawsuit against Inventist. Segway alleges that Inventist …
- September 17, 2015 TiVo Files DVR Patent Lawsuit Against Samsung San Diego – In its quarterly earnings report, TiVo announced it filed a patent infringement lawsuit against Samsung. TiVo, known for the creation of its digital video recorder, claims Samsung …
- September 10, 2015 “King of Beers” Takes Aim at “The Queen of Beer” in Trademark Tousle Los Angeles – The world’s largest beer brewer, Anheuser-Busch, is gearing up for battle against a much smaller brewery over its slogan which deems itself the “The Queen of Beer.” The …