Mandour & Associates, APC is a southern California law firm with a singular focus: to assist businesses with issues related to intellectual property law.
In the information age in which we live, a key factor affecting a company’s valuation is the degree to which it effectively develops intellectual property. Intellectual Property (“IP”) consists primarily of patents, trademarks, copyrights, trade dress, and trade secrets. Intellectual property is recognized as the most important asset of many of the world’s largest companies, and it is often the foundation of market dominance and profitability. It has been estimated that in 1975, tangible assets represented more than 80% of U.S. corporate value in the S&P® 500 whereas IP comprised less than 20%. Today, the ratio has inverted. Now nearly 80% of U.S. corporate value is in IP.
Every day more companies are seeking to develop and protect intellectual property and so patent infringements, trademark infringements, and copyright infringements are becoming more common. In the event of an infringement, we are aggressive litigation attorneys. In litigation, we do not try to fit square pegs into round holes, we do not boil the ocean to make a cup of tea, and we do not have million dollar profits per partner that can be typical of large law firms. We believe that this gives our clients a competitive advantage. For more information about our litigation services, including some examples of the results that we have achieved for our clients, please see our Intellectual Property Litigation page.
By narrowly defining our practice area, we are able to provide our clients with high-quality, value-driven legal advice. We do this by preparing top-flight U.S. and foreign patent, trademark, and copyright applications, and by aggressively pursuing infringement and litigation matters whenever they arise. Our goal is not just to help our clients acquire and defend IP. Our law firm goal is to assist our clients in making IP a profit center for the company. If you would like a complimentary consultation regarding patent law, trademark law, trade dress law, trade secret law, or copyright law, please feel free to contact us. From our offices in Los Angeles, San Diego and Orange County, we serve an international client base. We also provide local counsel and pro hac vice services. We look forward to hearing from you.
Mandour & Associates, APC
Aggressive Intellectual Property Litigators®
Patent Attorneys – Trademark Lawyers – Copyright Attorneys
Southern California Intellectual Property Litigation Law Firm
Mandour & Associates Blog
- June 30, 2015 McDonald’s Opposes Supermac’s Trademark in Europe Los Angeles – Fast-food giant McDonald’s is taking action against the Irish fast food chain Supermac’s in order to prevent it from expanding into Europe. For 37 years, Supermac’s has …
- June 23, 2015 Sequenom Prenatal Test Patent Ruled Invalid San Diego – Sequenom is a bio-tech company based in San Diego. Recently, its patent for pre-natal testing was held invalid by a Federal Circuit Judge on the grounds that it is not patent …
- June 16, 2015 Ford Allows Competitors Access to Patents Los Angeles – In the interest towards development, Ford Motors is allowing competitors to access its patents regarding electric and hybrid vehicles technology. In 2014 alone, Ford submitted over…
- June 10, 2015 GM and Yamaha Agree to Co-exist with use of “Bolt” Trademark Los Angeles – Despite less than stellar sales and perceived high prices, auto makers continue to release new electric vehicles. This is partly due to the fact that manufacturers are under a …
- June 4, 2015 Google Receives Patent for Creepy Toy San Diego – Recently there has been a proliferation of devices that are connected to the Internet and of apps that remotely control those devices. For example, your thermostat can be controlled …