Mandour & Associates, APC is a southern California law firm with a singular focus: to assist businesses with issues related to intellectual property law.
In the information age in which we live, a key factor affecting a company’s valuation is the degree to which it effectively develops intellectual property. Intellectual Property ("IP") consists primarily of patents, trademarks, copyrights, trade dress, and trade secrets. Intellectual property is recognized as the most important asset of many of the world’s largest companies, and it is often the foundation of market dominance and profitability. It has been estimated that in 1975, tangible assets represented more than 80% of U.S. corporate value in the S&P® 500 whereas IP comprised less than 20%. Today, the ratio has inverted. Now nearly 80% of U.S. corporate value is in IP.
Every day more companies are seeking to develop and protect intellectual property and so patent infringements, trademark infringements, and copyright infringements are becoming more common. In the event of an infringement, we are aggressive litigation attorneys. In litigation, we do not try to fit square pegs into round holes, we do not boil the ocean to make a cup of tea, and we do not have million dollar profits per partner that can be typical of large law firms. We believe that this gives our clients a competitive advantage. For more information about our litigation services, including some examples of the results that we have achieved for our clients, please see our Intellectual Property Litigation page.
By narrowly defining our practice area, we are able to provide our clients with high-quality, value-driven legal advice. We do this by preparing top-flight U.S. and foreign patent, trademark, and copyright applications, and by aggressively pursuing infringement and litigation matters whenever they arise. Our goal is not just to help our clients acquire and defend IP. Our law firm goal is to assist our clients in making IP a profit center for the company. If you would like a complimentary consultation regarding patent law, trademark law, trade dress law, trade secret law, or copyright law, please feel free to contact us. From our offices in Los Angeles, San Diego and Orange County, we serve an international client base. We also provide local counsel and pro hac vice services. We look forward to hearing from you.
Mandour & Associates, APC
Aggressive Intellectual Property Litigators®
Patent Attorneys - Trademark Lawyers - Copyright Attorneys
Southern California Intellectual Property Litigation Law Firm
Mandour & Associates Blog
- October 24, 2014 Converse Sues Retailers and Manufacturers to Protect its All Star Trademark Designs Los Angeles – Converse is suing 31 retailers and manufacturers who it says have infringed on its shoes’ trademark designs. The shoe manufacturer, which has sold its brand of footwear for more …
- October 16, 2014 Company Files Action against Obama’s MyRA Plan Alleging Trademark Infringement Orange County – A company that markets individual retirement accounts has filed a trademark infringement lawsuit against the U.S. government due to the use of the term “myRA” in …
- October 10, 2014 Apple Seeks Patent for New Kind of Digital Remote Control San Diego – Apple has filed patent application for a new kind of digital remote control partly because Apple believes that remote controls used today are outdated. The remote controls that we …
- October 2, 2014 Judge Rules Grooveshark Employees Committed Copyright Infringement Los Angeles – A federal judge in New York ruled that Grooveshark, a free online music service that has been a nemesis to major record companies, has in fact infringed copyrights. Grooveshark has…
- September 26, 2014 Twitpic Resurrected Following Twitter Trademark Dispute Orange County – Twitpic, the image-sharing service on Twitter, announced that it would be shutting down earlier this month due partly to a trademark dispute with Twitter. However, this week …