Mandour & Associates, APC is a southern California law firm with a singular focus: to assist businesses with issues related to intellectual property law.
In the information age in which we live, a key factor affecting a company’s valuation is the degree to which it effectively develops intellectual property. Intellectual Property (“IP”) consists primarily of patents, trademarks, copyrights, trade dress, and trade secrets. Intellectual property is recognized as the most important asset of many of the world’s largest companies, and it is often the foundation of market dominance and profitability. It has been estimated that in 1975, tangible assets represented more than 80% of U.S. corporate value in the S&P® 500 whereas IP comprised less than 20%. Today, the ratio has inverted. Now nearly 80% of U.S. corporate value is in IP.
Every day more companies are seeking to develop and protect intellectual property and so patent infringements, trademark infringements, and copyright infringements are becoming more common. In the event of an infringement, we are aggressive litigation attorneys. In litigation, we do not try to fit square pegs into round holes, we do not boil the ocean to make a cup of tea, and we do not have million dollar profits per partner that can be typical of large law firms. We believe that this gives our clients a competitive advantage. For more information about our litigation services, including some examples of the results that we have achieved for our clients, please see our Intellectual Property Litigation page.
By narrowly defining our practice area, we are able to provide our clients with high-quality, value-driven legal advice. We do this by preparing top-flight U.S. and foreign patent, trademark, and copyright applications, and by aggressively pursuing infringement and litigation matters whenever they arise. Our goal is not just to help our clients acquire and defend IP. Our law firm goal is to assist our clients in making IP a profit center for the company. If you would like a complimentary consultation regarding patent law, trademark law, trade dress law, trade secret law, or copyright law, please feel free to contact us. From our offices in Los Angeles, San Diego and Orange County, we serve an international client base. We also provide local counsel and pro hac vice services. We look forward to hearing from you.
Mandour & Associates, APC
Aggressive Intellectual Property Litigators®
Patent Attorneys – Trademark Lawyers – Copyright Attorneys
Southern California Intellectual Property Litigation Law Firm
Mandour & Associates Blog
- November 19, 2015 Texas A&M Sues Indianapolis Colts Over “12th Man” Trademark Orange County – The “12th Man” is a phrase used in football to signal a connection between a team and its fans. Since each team puts 11 players on the field, the 12th Man is used to describe…
- November 11, 2015 Patent Infringement Lawsuit Filed Against GoPro Orange County – C&A Marketing brought a lawsuit against GoPro for infringing its patent for cube-shaped cameras. C&A Marketing claims that GoPro’s camera, known as the Hero4 Session,…
- November 6, 2015 Donald Trump Acquires Right to “Make America Great Again” Trademark San Diego – With a donation to charity, Donald Trump finally got full rights to the “Make America Great Again” slogan. The phrase “Let’s Make America Great Again” was first used in …
- October 30, 2015 Pinterest Loses Trademark Battle Orange County – Judges in the United States and United Kingdom ruled against Pinterest in trademark cases the company brought against Pintrips and Free118. Both cases centered on the concepts …
- October 19, 2015 Donald Trump Threatens Lawsuits over Make America Great Again Trademark San Diego – Last month Donald Trump’s lawyers sent a cease and desist letter to CafePress threatening to file a lawsuit if the company did not stop selling products with the phrase, “Make …