Mandour & Associates, APC is a southern California law firm with a singular focus: to assist businesses with issues related to intellectual property law.
In the information age in which we live, a key factor affecting a company’s valuation is the degree to which it effectively develops intellectual property. Intellectual Property (“IP”) consists primarily of patents, trademarks, copyrights, trade dress, and trade secrets. Intellectual property is recognized as the most important asset of many of the world’s largest companies, and it is often the foundation of market dominance and profitability. It has been estimated that in 1975, tangible assets represented more than 80% of U.S. corporate value in the S&P® 500 whereas IP comprised less than 20%. Today, the ratio has inverted. Now nearly 80% of U.S. corporate value is in IP.
Every day more companies are seeking to develop and protect intellectual property and so patent infringements, trademark infringements, and copyright infringements are becoming more common. In the event of an infringement, we are aggressive litigation attorneys. In litigation, we do not try to fit square pegs into round holes, we do not boil the ocean to make a cup of tea, and we do not have million dollar profits per partner that can be typical of large law firms. We believe that this gives our clients a competitive advantage. For more information about our litigation services, including some examples of the results that we have achieved for our clients, please see our Intellectual Property Litigation page.
By narrowly defining our practice area, we are able to provide our clients with high-quality, value-driven legal advice. We do this by preparing top-flight U.S. and foreign patent, trademark, and copyright applications, and by aggressively pursuing infringement and litigation matters whenever they arise. Our goal is not just to help our clients acquire and defend IP. Our law firm goal is to assist our clients in making IP a profit center for the company. If you would like a complimentary consultation regarding patent law, trademark law, trade dress law, trade secret law, or copyright law, please feel free to contact us. From our offices in Los Angeles, San Diego and Orange County, we serve an international client base. We also provide local counsel and pro hac vice services. We look forward to hearing from you.
Mandour & Associates, APC
Aggressive Intellectual Property Litigators®
Patent Attorneys – Trademark Lawyers – Copyright Attorneys
Southern California Intellectual Property Litigation Law Firm
Mandour & Associates Blog
- April 20, 2015 Fracking Company Attempts To Trademark A Smell San Diego – Trademark officials in Virginia recently received an unusual specimen for a Trademark Application. Instead of visual examples that they are accustomed to, they were hand-delivered …
- April 15, 2015 Jim Nantz phrase “A Tradition Unlike Any Other” Becomes a Trademark Orange County – The golf course at Augusta National in Augusta Georgia is among the most famous in the world. Every year, the prestigious Augusta National Golf Club hosts the Masters Tournament …
- April 10, 2015 Rand Paul’s Video Removed From YouTube For Copyright Infringement San Diego – Rand Paul recently announced his candidacy for the 2016 Presidential Campaign. In doing so he followed in the footsteps of many other White House-hopefuls by using media outlets such…
- April 3, 2015 Kentucky Fights for “40-0” Season and Trademark Rights Orange County – College basketball’s March Madness is down to the Final Four of Kentucky, Wisconsin, Michigan State and Duke who will be playing this weekend for a place in the national …
- March 26, 2015 Seth McFarlane Sued Over Alleged “Ted” Copyright Infringement Los Angeles – Seth McFarlane is known for his crude humor and most notably as the creator of Family Guy. In 2012, McFarlane took his unfiltered creativity to the big screen with the movie …