Mandour & Associates, APC is a southern California law firm with a singular focus: to assist businesses with issues related to intellectual property law.
In the information age in which we live, a key factor affecting a company’s valuation is the degree to which it effectively develops intellectual property. Intellectual Property (“IP”) consists primarily of patents, trademarks, copyrights, trade dress, and trade secrets. Intellectual property is recognized as the most important asset of many of the world’s largest companies, and it is often the foundation of market dominance and profitability. It has been estimated that in 1975, tangible assets represented more than 80% of U.S. corporate value in the S&P® 500 whereas IP comprised less than 20%. Today, the ratio has inverted. Now nearly 80% of U.S. corporate value is in IP.
Every day more companies are seeking to develop and protect intellectual property and so patent infringements, trademark infringements, and copyright infringements are becoming more common. In the event of an infringement, we are aggressive litigation attorneys. In litigation, we do not try to fit square pegs into round holes, we do not boil the ocean to make a cup of tea, and we do not have million dollar profits per partner that can be typical of large law firms. We believe that this gives our clients a competitive advantage. For more information about our litigation services, including some examples of the results that we have achieved for our clients, please see our Intellectual Property Litigation page.
By narrowly defining our practice area, we are able to provide our clients with high-quality, value-driven legal advice. We do this by preparing top-flight U.S. and foreign patent, trademark, and copyright applications, and by aggressively pursuing infringement and litigation matters whenever they arise. Our goal is not just to help our clients acquire and defend IP. Our law firm goal is to assist our clients in making IP a profit center for the company. If you would like a complimentary consultation regarding patent law, trademark law, trade dress law, trade secret law, or copyright law, please feel free to contact us. From our offices in Los Angeles, San Diego and Orange County, we serve an international client base. We also provide local counsel and pro hac vice services. We look forward to hearing from you.
Mandour & Associates, APC
Aggressive Intellectual Property Litigators®
Patent Attorneys – Trademark Lawyers – Copyright Attorneys
Southern California Intellectual Property Litigation Law Firm
Mandour & Associates Blog
- January 23, 2015 Who owns the Yosemite National Park Trademarks? Los Angeles – The names of the attractions associated with Yosemite National Park are being threatened in a trademark dispute. Yosemite is known for its amazing vistas and its connection with …
- January 16, 2015 Nike Golf Submits Patent For New Tracker Ball San Diego – Nike Golf may be on the verge of creating a new golf ball that could revolutionize how golfers at all levels play and practice. Thanks to ever increasing technological advances, …
- January 8, 2015 Sony’s Movie The Interview May Also Be a Copyright Infringement Los Angeles – Sony Corporation’s movie release of “The Interview” has not exactly enjoyed smooth sailing. The movie’s Christmas Day debut was shown in only 300 theaters nation-wide after…
- December 30, 2014 Illinois Woman Seeks Trademark Protection for “I Can’t Breathe” Orange County – “I can’t breathe” has echoed throughout the country in the months following Eric Garner’s death and the controversial case that followed. The infamous three words have …
- December 19, 2014 Apple Gets Patent for Three Dimensional iPhone with Motion Sensors San Diego – Apple has won a patent for a touch-free mobile device screen that uses a graphical user interface or GUI to orient images based on the viewer’s perspective. The first time …