Mandour & Associates, APC is a southern California law firm with a singular focus: to assist businesses with issues related to intellectual property law.
In the information age in which we live, a key factor affecting a company’s valuation is the degree to which it effectively develops intellectual property. Intellectual Property (“IP”) consists primarily of patents, trademarks, copyrights, trade dress, and trade secrets. Intellectual property is recognized as the most important asset of many of the world’s largest companies, and it is often the foundation of market dominance and profitability. It has been estimated that in 1975, tangible assets represented more than 80% of U.S. corporate value in the S&P® 500 whereas IP comprised less than 20%. Today, the ratio has inverted. Now nearly 80% of U.S. corporate value is in IP.
Every day more companies are seeking to develop and protect intellectual property and so patent infringements, trademark infringements, and copyright infringements are becoming more common. In the event of an infringement, we are aggressive litigation attorneys. In litigation, we do not try to fit square pegs into round holes, we do not boil the ocean to make a cup of tea, and we do not have million dollar profits per partner that can be typical of large law firms. We believe that this gives our clients a competitive advantage. For more information about our litigation services, including some examples of the results that we have achieved for our clients, please see our Intellectual Property Litigation page.
By narrowly defining our practice area, we are able to provide our clients with high-quality, value-driven legal advice. We do this by preparing top-flight U.S. and foreign patent, trademark, and copyright applications, and by aggressively pursuing infringement and litigation matters whenever they arise. Our goal is not just to help our clients acquire and defend IP. Our law firm goal is to assist our clients in making IP a profit center for the company. If you would like a complimentary consultation regarding patent law, trademark law, trade dress law, trade secret law, or copyright law, please feel free to contact us. From our offices in Los Angeles, San Diego and Orange County, we serve an international client base. We also provide local counsel and pro hac vice services. We look forward to hearing from you.
Mandour & Associates, APC
Aggressive Intellectual Property Litigators®
Patent Attorneys – Trademark Lawyers – Copyright Attorneys
Southern California Intellectual Property Litigation Law Firm
Mandour & Associates Blog
- August 21, 2015 Apple Suffers Patent Invalidation in Samsung Case Los Angeles – In what could serve as a turning point in the ongoing Apple vs. Samsung patent saga, the United States Patent and Trademark Office (“USPTO”) handed down a decision that …
- August 14, 2015 Pop Group LMFAO Not Laughing About New Beer Trademark Dispute Orange County – The pop group LMFAO, famous for its members’ funky style and fast paced songs, are after a Michigan craft brewery that has named one of its beers “LMFAO Stout.” The dark …
- August 7, 2015 Warner Music “Happy Birthday” Copyright Lawsuit Heating Up Los Angeles – The copyright struggle over the rights to the most recognized song in the English language is back making news again. Good Morning to You Productions Corp. is the lead plaintiff in…
- July 30, 2015 San Diego and Salt Lake Battle for Comic Con Trademark San Diego – San Diego is home to the well-known annual Comic-Con convention which generally celebrates all things science fiction. Every year, hundreds of thousands of fans and actors flock to …
- July 22, 2015 Taylor Swift Sued for Trademark Infringement Orange County – Taylor Swift is under the legal spotlight again as she is being sued by Blue Sphere, Inc. a clothing line based in Orange County, CA. Blue Sphere owns several LUCKY 13 Trademarks…