Mandour & Associates, APC is a southern California law firm with a singular focus: to assist businesses with issues related to intellectual property law.
In the information age in which we live, a key factor affecting a company’s valuation is the degree to which it effectively develops intellectual property. Intellectual Property (“IP”) consists primarily of patents, trademarks, copyrights, trade dress, and trade secrets. Intellectual property is recognized as the most important asset of many of the world’s largest companies, and it is often the foundation of market dominance and profitability. It has been estimated that in 1975, tangible assets represented more than 80% of U.S. corporate value in the S&P® 500 whereas IP comprised less than 20%. Today, the ratio has inverted. Now nearly 80% of U.S. corporate value is in IP.
Every day more companies are seeking to develop and protect intellectual property and so patent infringements, trademark infringements, and copyright infringements are becoming more common. In the event of an infringement, we are aggressive litigation attorneys. In litigation, we do not try to fit square pegs into round holes, we do not boil the ocean to make a cup of tea, and we do not have million dollar profits per partner that can be typical of large law firms. We believe that this gives our clients a competitive advantage. For more information about our litigation services, including some examples of the results that we have achieved for our clients, please see our Intellectual Property Litigation page.
By narrowly defining our practice area, we are able to provide our clients with high-quality, value-driven legal advice. We do this by preparing top-flight U.S. and foreign patent, trademark, and copyright applications, and by aggressively pursuing infringement and litigation matters whenever they arise. Our goal is not just to help our clients acquire and defend IP. Our law firm goal is to assist our clients in making IP a profit center for the company. If you would like a complimentary consultation regarding patent law, trademark law, trade dress law, trade secret law, or copyright law, please feel free to contact us. From our offices in Los Angeles, San Diego and Orange County, we serve an international client base. We also provide local counsel and pro hac vice services. We look forward to hearing from you.
Mandour & Associates, APC
Aggressive Intellectual Property Litigators®
Patent Attorneys – Trademark Lawyers – Copyright Attorneys
Southern California Intellectual Property Litigation Law Firm
Mandour & Associates Blog
- May 28, 2015 Batman Publishers Attempt to Block Rihanna’s Trademark Los Angeles – DC Comics has attempted to block a Trademark Application that was filed in June of last year by singer/actress Rihanna. The trademark in question is for Robyn, which is the pop …
- May 19, 2015 Amazon Patents Drone Delivery System San Diego – The days of receiving Amazon goods via a man-maneuvered truck may soon become antiquated. Amazon was recently awarded a patent from the USPTO for its latest idea- “a system for …
- May 13, 2015 Apple Watch Appearance Awarded a Design Patent Orange County – Apple filed a design patent application in August of last year to protect the basic appearance of the Apple Watch which has now been accepted by the USPTO. The patent application…
- May 8, 2015 Kendall and Kylie Jenner to Trademark Their Names Los Angeles – Kendall and Kylie Jenner are well-known children from the famous Kardashian-Jenner family. With an Olympic gold-medalist for a father and fashionista Kim Kardashian with a TV show …
- April 29, 2015 Twitter Shows Expansion Plans with Trademark Applications Orange County – Since July of last year, Twitter has ramped up its efforts in protecting its trademarks by filing a number of Trademark Applications. The applications appear to cover a wide …