Mandour & Associates, APC is a southern California law firm with a singular focus: to assist businesses with issues related to intellectual property law.
In the information age in which we live, a key factor affecting a company’s valuation is the degree to which it effectively develops intellectual property. Intellectual Property (“IP”) consists primarily of patents, trademarks, copyrights, trade dress, and trade secrets. Intellectual property is recognized as the most important asset of many of the world’s largest companies, and it is often the foundation of market dominance and profitability. It has been estimated that in 1975, tangible assets represented more than 80% of U.S. corporate value in the S&P® 500 whereas IP comprised less than 20%. Today, the ratio has inverted. Now nearly 80% of U.S. corporate value is in IP.
Every day more companies are seeking to develop and protect intellectual property and so patent infringements, trademark infringements, and copyright infringements are becoming more common. In the event of an infringement, we are aggressive litigation attorneys. In litigation, we do not try to fit square pegs into round holes, we do not boil the ocean to make a cup of tea, and we do not have million dollar profits per partner that can be typical of large law firms. We believe that this gives our clients a competitive advantage. For more information about our litigation services, including some examples of the results that we have achieved for our clients, please see our Intellectual Property Litigation page.
By narrowly defining our practice area, we are able to provide our clients with high-quality, value-driven legal advice. We do this by preparing top-flight U.S. and foreign patent, trademark, and copyright applications, and by aggressively pursuing infringement and litigation matters whenever they arise. Our goal is not just to help our clients acquire and defend IP. Our law firm goal is to assist our clients in making IP a profit center for the company. If you would like a complimentary consultation regarding patent law, trademark law, trade dress law, trade secret law, or copyright law, please feel free to contact us. From our offices in Los Angeles, San Diego and Orange County, we serve an international client base. We also provide local counsel and pro hac vice services. We look forward to hearing from you.
Mandour & Associates, APC
Aggressive Intellectual Property Litigators®
Patent Attorneys – Trademark Lawyers – Copyright Attorneys
Southern California Intellectual Property Litigation Law Firm
Mandour & Associates Blog
- December 19, 2014 Apple Gets Patent for Three Dimensional iPhone with Motion Sensors San Diego – Apple has won a patent for a touch-free mobile device screen that uses a graphical user interface or GUI to orient images based on the viewer’s perspective. The first time …
- December 10, 2014 Samsung Sued for Use of Milk Trademark Los Angeles – Milk Studios, a multimedia studio with locations in New York and Los Angeles, has filed a trademark lawsuit against Samsung Electronics alleging trademark infringement by the South…
- November 24, 2014 Airbus Seeks Patent for Flying Doughnut Los Angeles – The aviation industry continues to come up with novel, sometimes radical, ideas for aircraft. European aircraft manufacturer Airbus, the company which created the cigar-shaped …
- November 21, 2014 Lucasfilm Opposes “Empire Strikes Bock” Beer Trademark San Diego – Lucasfilm has filed a trademark opposition action against a small brewing company in Syracuse, N.Y. The brewing company in question is called Empire Brewing Company, named after the …
- November 13, 2014 Judge Rules “Blurred Lines” Bears Copyright Similarities to Marvin Gaye’s Song Los Angeles – Robin Thicke and Pharrell Williams have lost the first round of their court battle over copyright infringement with Marvin Gaye’s family. Judge John Kronstadt denied …