Mandour & Associates, APC is a southern California law firm with a singular focus: to assist businesses with issues related to intellectual property law.
In the information age in which we live, a key factor affecting a company’s valuation is the degree to which it effectively develops intellectual property. Intellectual Property (“IP”) consists primarily of patents, trademarks, copyrights, trade dress, and trade secrets. Intellectual property is recognized as the most important asset of many of the world’s largest companies, and it is often the foundation of market dominance and profitability. It has been estimated that in 1975, tangible assets represented more than 80% of U.S. corporate value in the S&P® 500 whereas IP comprised less than 20%. Today, the ratio has inverted. Now nearly 80% of U.S. corporate value is in IP.
Every day more companies are seeking to develop and protect intellectual property and so patent infringements, trademark infringements, and copyright infringements are becoming more common. In the event of an infringement, we are aggressive litigation attorneys. In litigation, we do not try to fit square pegs into round holes, we do not boil the ocean to make a cup of tea, and we do not have million dollar profits per partner that can be typical of large law firms. We believe that this gives our clients a competitive advantage. For more information about our litigation services, including some examples of the results that we have achieved for our clients, please see our Intellectual Property Litigation page.
By narrowly defining our practice area, we are able to provide our clients with high-quality, value-driven legal advice. We do this by preparing top-flight U.S. and foreign patent, trademark, and copyright applications, and by aggressively pursuing infringement and litigation matters whenever they arise. Our goal is not just to help our clients acquire and defend IP. Our law firm goal is to assist our clients in making IP a profit center for the company. If you would like a complimentary consultation regarding patent law, trademark law, trade dress law, trade secret law, or copyright law, please feel free to contact us. From our offices in Los Angeles, San Diego and Orange County, we serve an international client base. We also provide local counsel and pro hac vice services. We look forward to hearing from you.
Mandour & Associates, APC
Aggressive Intellectual Property Litigators®
Patent Attorneys – Trademark Lawyers – Copyright Attorneys
Southern California Intellectual Property Litigation Law Firm
Mandour & Associates Blog
- March 5, 2015 Winston Files Trademark for “Famous Jameis” Los Angeles – Jameis Winston earned the nickname “Famous Jameis” in little league baseball. Now as the likely number one NFL draft pick, Winston is seeking trademark protection for Famous …
- February 24, 2015 Katy Perry Files Trademark for “Left Shark” Los Angeles – We recently reported that Katy Perry and her lawyers were using copyright law to try to prevent others from capitalizing on her shark inspired halftime show at the Super bowl. It …
- February 19, 2015 China Fines Qualcomm And Demands Patent Re-licensing San Diego – China’s National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC) recently led an investigation against San Diego based Qualcomm regarding an anti-trust violation concerning its patents. …
- February 13, 2015 Who Owns The Copyright To Left Shark? San Diego – Katy Perry’s half-time routine at the Super Bowl has continued to be in the spotlight weeks after the show aired. Her performance and vocals are not the sole cause. Instead it is …
- February 6, 2015 Taylor Swift Seeks to Trademark her Song Lyrics Orange County – If you have listened to popular radio recently, it is likely that you have heard one of Taylor Swift’s new songs. The twenty-five year old released a new album last year and …